Tuesday, July 15, 2014

See ya, Ed.

Say, Ed! 

Whaddaya know?

Probably a lot right now.  You know everything.You know where Hoffa's body is, what's up with the Bermuda Triangle, and who built the pyramids.The faces, silent at Stonehenge, now speak volumes to you.  You are, as they say, "enlightened to all things".

I'm sad that you're gone.  I'm sad that you were taken so abruptly.  It baffles me but you and the Good Lord surely know.

I shoulda known you better and I'll regret all the missed opportunities to hang out.  I wish I had gone to TAP NY and  I regret all the invites to bottle shares I passed up.  Next time.  Next time.  Always "next time".  Those chances were all taken for granted.

I'll miss ya, Ed. You brought a genuine enthusiasm to our craft beer scene and a kindness as well.One time, in a conversation, Joe said you were "good people".  That's one of those terms that isn't used often (or shouldn't be) but when applied, you know exactly what it means.  You're good people, Ed.  Good people.

I'll miss seeing you around, sharing pints and shooting the breeze.  I'll miss sitting at Bobbique or The Tap Room and wondering if we'll run into each other.  I'll definitely miss yelling, "THE CONQUERING HAHNES!"  whenever I saw you guys.

The Blue Angels do a Missing Man flyby.  Police do a Final Radio Call.  What should we do for you, brother?  When I heard the news, I did pour out an IPA (and a little Rough Rider bourbon which I was also having).  But that seems predictable and expected. I'm sure something will eventually come to mind.  Though I mourn your loss, I hope to honor you by celebrating your life.

I'm sure you'll keep watch over your family.  But if you can spare a moment, keep an eye out for the rest of us mortals.  Maybe come hang out for a beer or three.  When it's my turn to take the Up Escalator, I hope you'll meet me with a pint of my favorite beer.

I think you know the kind I like.

See ya, Ed.  See ya.  Later.

BJ




No comments:

Post a Comment