Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tasmanian Angel

Name: Tasmanian Angel
Style:  Pale Ale
ABV: 4.1%
Brewery: Blind Bat Brewery
Locale: Centerport, NY
Personal Rating:  4/5





Picked this baby up at Bellport Beer and Soda on our way back from an aborted walk with our dog.(The dog knew it was too cold for a walk but apparently we did not!)

22oz bomber found snugged in the back with some other Blind Bat treasures.

Pours a clear, pale yellow-orange.  "BREWED WITH GALAXY HOPS!" it proudly proclaims.  You can tell right away in the nose.  Dominant scent of passion fruit though, due to my limited exposure to passion fruit, I might have described it as a mellow citrus / honey scent.  But passion fruit it is and it's present in each mouthful. That and what I still consider to be a honey-like taste.  Slightly dry finish.

A very nice beer and, though I hate using this word because it's been bandied about too much of late, "sessionable".  Though, on second thought, it is perhaps a bit sweetish for me.  At 4.1% ABV I could probably drink a barrel of this but I think it would be best served paired with something fitting for a summer picnic:  sticky, sweet ribs, watermelon, or sorbet comes to mind.

Not normally a huge fan of low ABV brews but this one is quite nice. Great job, Paul!






No comments:

Post a Comment